.irish domains how do they work with SEO? well lets breakdown what a .irish domain is classified as, its known as a gtld (generic top level domain), for reference a .ie is known as a cctld (country top level domain, and the likes of a .com would be a (top level domain)
The real question your asking is if your .irish domain has a keyword you are targeting in it will this help with ranking? For example if you are selling property will www.property.irish help you rank for the term “property”
The answer is yes its known the seo strategy to have a keyword in the url it does indeed help rank. However if for example you did not have www.property.irish and had www.irish.property instead google have stated on their webmaster forum’s losely that the actual extension of a gtld may not help. Make sense?
For reference (an old school look at how people saw tlds in many moons ago)
- .com — Commercial > Business / eCommerce.
- .org — Organisations > Non-profits / Forums / Resources.
- .net — Network > Internet Provider / Services / Technology.
- .co — Colombia Country Code TLD / Company / Corporation.
- .us — United States Country Code TLD.
The above is the research and opinion of Brave Media and your should always carry out your own research.